RHIP services and supports the entire lifespan with leading adult and children’s teaching hospitals, a cluster of medical research institutes and centres, and a Group of Eight (Go8) university in its community.
The close interface between the research capability of UNSW and the healthcare environment makes RHIP a centre for ideation and the invention of new health technologies.
Our aim is to partner with companies who share a similar vision. Together, we will boost our capability to develop relevant commercial products with a clearly defined pathway to market.
To create the right environment for industry partnership, we aim to:
- Simplify engagement: we recognise it can be difficult to work and communicate with large institutions. We aim to provide a single door entry concierge approach for new business and clear mechanisms and communication pathways to facilitate and maintain ongoing relationships.
- Create a sense of belonging: RHIP seeks to provide a home for your business and a supportive community environment.
- Increase the luck surface area: by inserting your business amongst a rich and varied clinical and research ecosystem.
- Add value: provide all the expertise, facilities and services you need to conduct your research and development work.
- Cultivate open innovation: the modern concept of agile, adaptive team structures tailored to project need.
- Streamline intellectual property management: we will establish clear boundaries for intellectual property ownership and sharing that maximise the opportunity for new technologies to reach the marketplace with the minimum of impediment. Creating competitive advantage and success for our industry partners is a guiding RHIP principle.
- Enhance funding and investment opportunities: public and private funding agencies recognise and reward collaborative research that is built on strong, multidisciplinary team structures incorporating clinical expertise, research quality and commercialisation skills, with access to the right tools, cutting-edge equipment, and infrastructure.
The Precinct Partners have a strong track record in attracting collaborative grants and a wealth of expertise in the assembly of compelling applications through UNSW’s Division of Research and Enterprise.
For more information on how RHIP works with industry, please view our Industry Prospectus.
To partner with us, please contact:
Dr Stephen Palmer
Industry & Innovation Lead